Whitby Operations Centre
The 8,000 SF addition overtop of the existing Whitby Operations Centre is an innovative way in which we are working with the team to accommodate its growing staff and develop a future-ready structure for the Town to grow with. The $5 M second storey addition is specifically designed to accommodate a modern workplace environment, with break out areas and collaborative space to encourage communication across departments. Further, the design is focused on how to best reduce long-term operating costs with sustainable, efficient design.
The second storey addition, currently underway, represents phase 1 of the Town’s three-phase plan, one we outlined in a comprehensive feasibility study in 2015. The master plan accounts for the renovation and extension to the entrance vestibule, emergency control room and fit out of a second floor, designed to serve the municipalities growing staff. The proposed exterior of the second-floor addition will provide a mixture of aluminum composite panels, wood composite cladding, and glazing/spandrel glass.
The success criteria for the project includes:
- Safe, barrier-free accessible and flexible design
- Efficient lean principles, incorporated into the design of the space
- Designing for the ultimate needs of this expansion, keeping in mind the long-term vision for the facility
- Energy efficiency, sustainable, life cycling asset management
- Collaborative social areas that enhance and are tailored to Whitby’s corporate culture
- Affordable and long-term solutions
Architecture, Interior Design
Administration, Institutional, Municipal, Transportation
Partners & sub consultants
8,000 SQ. FT.